Seven Unusual Things To Do This Christmas in Melbourne
Attending Christmas lunches and dinners with family can be a little monotonous, but fun at the same time. Then, there are individuals who want to do something extraordinary beyond the get-togethers and want to enjoy the Holidays with a little edge. With public transport running free all day and car rental becoming your savior, MRCR has a list of 7 unusual things to do this Christmas in Melbourne.
Visit the best free picnic spots in and around Melbourne : Ranging from pristine riverbanks to parks, there are many places to visit, roll a rug out and chill with some homemade food.
- O’Donohue Picnic Ground
- Royal Botanic Garden
- National Rhododendron Gardens
- Hamer Arboretum
- Moonlight Creek Picnic Ground
- George Bass Coast
- One Tree Hill Picnic Ground
- Grants Picnic Ground
- Birdsland Reserve
- Maranoa Gardens
Enjoy the best dumplings in Melbourne because Christmas feasts are too mainstream : Dumplings being a staple diet and available in a wide range of steamed or fried variations are the best meals for anyone.
- Din Tai Fung
- Spice Temple
- Tim Ho Wan
- China Red
- Shanghai Village
- East FLower Dum
Catch up the latest movie with a big coke and a large popcorn tub : With many options in theatres like Lido Cinemas, Palace Cinema Como, Cinema Nova and more – folks have a lot of movies to enjoy even in the Christmas. Upcoming releases in Australia include,
- Star Wars : The Last Jadi
- Paddington 2
- The Florida Project
- Slack Bay
Join the Orphan’s Christmas Day 2017 at Federation Square : Anybody who is finding themselves alone for Christmas (due to circumstances) can be considered as an official Christmas orphan.
- Cupcake & Dessert Walking Tour
- Photography Group
- Lygon St Food Safari
- Food Night Safari Melbourne
- Smartphone Photography Course
- Tour of Melbourne’s Bar Scene
Enjoy the most sumptuous food at restaurants : There are many places which are open for food enthusiasts on the Christmas Day.
- Federation Square
- South Wharf
- Crown Entertainment Complex
- The Wharf Hotel
Go on a shopping spree because it is CHRISTMAS! During the Holiday season, the retail markets are flooded with most extravagant discounts.
- Belgrave Farmers’ Market
- Williamstown Farmers’ Market
- 7-Eleven: Federation Square, Swanston Street, Elizabeth Street and Bourke Street
- IGA stores: 90-96 Spencer Street, 84 Flinders Street, 212 King Street, 320 St Kilda Road
Visit a church or attend a mass :
- St Paul’s Cathedral – 8 am Holy Communion, 11 am Sung Eucharist, 3.15 pm Festal Evensong
- St Patrick’s Cathedral – 8 am Mass, 9.30 am Mass, 11.00 am Solemn Mass
If you need to go around in Melbourne and looking for easily accessible car rental, call us!